Sunday, January 23, 2011

In Response to Mark Hansen "Bodies in Code"

For this week we had a reading done by Mark Hansen entitled "Bodies in Code" in which the primary focus was defining the relations to the body on a personal level as well on a technological level. Terms such as "body schema"or body images and its phenomenology were introduced and explained.

On the basis of where my relationship is to my won body, it is one that is defined by the "for me" system as I am conscious of my body's whereabouts within the world as well as it's functions that it performs. As well I believe it functions on Merleau-Ponty's conception of the body as being a displaced object in the world allowing access to the world through and via the body. On the basis of my body in relation to technology, I believe that it operates only as an extension of the conscious being that is myself. the technological aspect is not aware of its own functions let alone its relation to my body and thus can be used by the body that is "for me" as a tool for operating different executable tasks.

No comments:

Post a Comment