Tuesday, January 11, 2011

Proposal for Networks Site 11/18/2010

ased on the reading from last week being the comparison between the to articles written by Clay Shirky and Malcolm Gladwell is where I got the inspiration for this piece. Both articles mentioned the intense glorification that people are starting to place on networks such as: Facebook, Twitter and Myspace. In my discussion of both these articles it was my opinion that such attention towards these networks was unhealthy as well, the hype that coincides with these networks is too excessive, gone are the days where one would use the home-phone to contact someone they haven't kept in touch with. I still believe that people are all too eager to jump in the "Let's-make-Facebook-Twitter -Myspace-a-new-cultural-religion" boat but that's one opinion. It was then that I noticed that there has been little opposition to these networks which is why I am using this idea to create "Farcebook" in which I will explain my position on the subject of the readings. As well I will exploit some of the typical things one might see on an actual Facebook such as: pointless arguments, people starting fights for no reason, egotistical people ect. (eg: just like "wilstonegreen") but with a sarcastic twist. It is my hope with this project that I can open the eyes of some people to  a different perspective on some of the content that is shared on Facebook as to create discussion and promote different views of thinking. 


wilstongreen says: You're an idiot, simply read that back and you will see that you're an idiot!! 


(P.S. This guy above is a guy who commented on my last blog out of nowhere just trolling cause he felt like it.)

No comments:

Post a Comment